Fiona in Venice

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Tool # 6

The first decision I had to make this week, was whether to approach this tool from an administrator's perspective or from a teacher's perspective.  I decided to go with the administrator's perspective and design both my activities around professional development, with an emphasis on Designing and Delivering Instruction (also known as DDI).

The first tool I selected to use was Poll Everywhere.  I created a professional development question about which DDI component teachers are interested in receiving more support or information about in order to tailor a staff development session targeting what my campus specifically needs.  I embedded my multiple choice question into my blog.

The second tool I selected to use was Edmodo.  I created a group called DDI Chat.  It can be found at the following url: http://edmodo.com/ddichat.  Continuing with the DDI theme, I posed the question to teachers asking what they are doing right now in their classrooms to incorporate Active Participation into their lessons. You can add your comments by joining the group: Group Code is 2p3dds.  My hope is that it would encourage teachers to post what they are doing and the chat would become a way to share ideas and get ideas for using active participation in the classroom in every lesson.

1 comment:

  1. Great use of both tools! teachers need to be given the group code to Edmodo so they can join the group. Once they have joined, they will be able to see the content you have created. Let me know if you need more assistance with Edmodo!

    ReplyDelete