Fiona in Venice

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Tool # 5

The first tool I chose was to create a movie on Xtranormal.  I thought I would model it after Edith Ann on Sesame Street...one of our family's favorite skits to reinvent in our own crazy way.  It is a huge family joke because my mother looks exactly like Lily Tomlin.  Anyways, I chose a bear and put her in a large chair and then used her voice to talk about the work I put into the 11 tools yesterday (a school holiday).  Creating the movie was quite fun even though it took a bit of time to figure out.  I hope you find it funny, and I had to pay homage to my dear friend, Denis.  Enjoy!  As for how it connects to the classroom, I can see using the movie to review a concept or to reflect on a reading assignment or activity in class.  Bringing in humor always helps!

The second tool I chose was to create an online scrapbook on Mixbook.  I have lots of pictures from my trip to Italy and found this site very easy to use with lots of ways to be creative.  The best part is that I created a coffee table book I can order to give to my family for Christmas.  Awesome!  I can see this being used in the classroom when students are researching a college or a country.  They can also pull quotes from various sites to add to the information they have collected.  I can also see it as a fabulous way to display their own photography in an art class.  Very cool!

I have linked my movie to the blog.  I am still not sure how to link my scrapbook, but it will be fun to get a hard copy to share.  I could have spent many more hours working on the scrapbook!!

2 comments:

  1. Um I think you need a picture of the doxie den! By the way, I love your movie. I must have missed that site. Where did you find it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, have used Mixbook but I didn't look at whether or not you can embed the product. Will need to take a look at that. Xtranormal is a great tool for teachers to introduce a lesson, create questions for students to consider, and more! I am hopeful they create an edu site so students under 13 could use it as well. I think it is a great motivator for the unmotivated writer!

    ReplyDelete