Fiona in Venice

Monday, October 10, 2011

Tool # 3


Discovery Education and You Tube have some amazing videos!  I found two videos and was able to embed them into my blog.  The first is a promotional video for one of my favorite songs.  Classroom use, you ask?  I was thinking that students could choose a favorite song and pictures from a recent trip and create their own I-Movie with their pictures.  The second is a video with a great message on acceptance.  Two high schools got together in a Flash Mob at a local mall. How great would it be to get our own students to create videos of their Anti-Bullying messages and post them on our school website?


Fair and Acceptable Use Policy - It has changed quite a bit since I was in school.  It still amazes me that anyone can post anything online and it can easily be embedded into your own web page, I guess until the link no longer works.  If I am using it for educational purposes, the copyright holder is exempt from giving me permission to use it.  Very interesting!

I downloaded Drop Box on both my laptop and my I Pad as I am already using Picasa Web Albums with my sisters.  I was able to upload pictures from my trip to Italy this summer.  I can see that this will make sharing documents much easier for our students.  They no longer have to email documents or pictures back and forth nor carry a thumb drive.  They can simply log on and access their files on any device.  Amazing!

3 comments:

  1. This tool was a lot of work - YES!! Great idea about having our students work on an IMovie about bullying. I hear so many stories. Having the outlet to have them all in one place could be so beneficial to the students and to faculty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very interested in the video about bullying. I hear so many stories in English and Spanish from the 6th graders. Lets share? Janine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the idea about having the kids create an IMovie about bullying. Love the look of your blog!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete