Fiona in Venice

Monday, November 28, 2011

Tool # 11 - The End!

My favorite tool: Google Docs!!  I have found SO many uses for Google Docs as an administrator.  The Master Calendar has proved to be immensely popular with my teachers and the leadership team.  It is also VERY easy to copy/paste two weeks at a time to send out weekly to ensure everyone knows what is coming up each week. It also allows those who do not access it on a daily basis (I do) to be aware of the weekly activities in all departments.  In addition, I am finding that I am encouraging others to try it out (i.e. TELPAS information, tutorial log, etc.) and finding that others are loving it as much as me.  I also liked Poll Everywhere and I can see using that to ensure that I am providing my teachers with the support they need to feel comfortable with all the DDI components that are needed in lesson planning and good first teaching.

My thinking transformation: I am SO excited to see how our teachers will begin to incorporate the Netbooks and IPad's into their lesson plans and teaching.  There are so many great programs and websites out there begging to be used.  Blogs present a great possibility for stretching student learning.  I am also thinking that blogging would be a great way to present a staff development session eliciting teacher feedback on ELL learners.  I am in charge of the January book study for the 7 steps to a Language Rich Classroom and I am thinking about setting up a virtual session for my teachers to chat about what they are doing and seeing in their classes in relation to academic conversations.  While I still think we need to work out how we are going to keep kids accountable for their work on-line and who has what technology, I am excited to see the learning of our teachers and students grow in the next semester.

Unexpected outcomes: I am amazed at how our teachers have stepped up to the plate and embraced this new learning!  I can see where we are going and through the experience of the 11 tools, our teachers are beginning to see where we are going too.  I cannot wait to see the innovation and creativity begin to come out!!

1 comment:

  1. The entire Google Suite is so fabulous! Also, take a look at personalizing your Google Chrome experience. There are some great extensions and apps!
    Yes, you campus is really making some great connections with many different tools. Just sharing what they have tried in their classrooms with one another this spring during faculty meetings could continue their learning!

    ReplyDelete